The purpose-built facility, with child friendly environments, furniture and equipment which are age and stage appropriate, is bright, airy, challenging and carefully laid out with “interest areas” for the children. It was completed in 2012 and can accommodate 100 children with facilities for baby, toddler, playgroup, Montessori and after school activity.
- Age groups catered for: 6 months-8 years
- Baby Room: children from 6 to 12 months.
- Wobbler Room: children from 12 to 21 months.
- Toddler Room: children from 21 months to 2½ years.
- Playgroup: children from 2½ years to 3½ years.
- Montessori: children from 3½ years to 5 years.
- After school: children from 5 – 8 years.
The children’s meals are prepared daily from fresh produce and are designed to be healthy and nutritional The children have access to a safe and secure outdoor play area within the grounds of the crèche which is the central hub of the building and which all of the rooms open on to. This space is expertly designed and laid with a colourful sponge like, soft surface. There is a sand pit, planting areas, slides, tunnels and a woodland, together with limitless space for play with bikes and trikes.
Pearse College students have first priority for 50% of places in the crèche, at very reasonable and subsidised rates. These places need to be reserved so early application is advised to those who wish to avail of this provision. All enquiries can be made by contacting the nursery directly.
Pearse College Community Nursery