Pearse College are delighted to continue our Skills to Advance programme which provides free upskilling courses for those currently employed in a business, childcare, healthcare or community sector. All classes take place online, one afternoon a week. IT support classes will be available to students throughout the course.
- Creative Arts for Early Childhood (5N1769) -Day and time (TBC): This module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to ensure that each child’s learning, development and well-being is facilitated through the provision of creative opportunities.
- Early Childhood Education & Play (5N1773) – Day and time (TBC)
- Infant & Toddler Years (5N1779) – Day and time (TBC)
- Equality & Disability (5N1273) – Day and time (TBC)
- Nutrition (5N2006) – Day and time (TBC)
- Conflict Resolution (5N0692) – Day and time (TBC)
- Understanding Special Needs (5N1709) – Day and time (TBC)
- Child Development (5N1764) – Day and time (TBC).
- Child Health & Wellbeing (5N1765) – Day and time (TBC).
- Children with Additional Needs (5N2396) – Day and time (TBC).
To apply or find our more simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-4536661
QQI level 5 component certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education (5M2009)
Part-time – September – December 2023
- Education: Applicants should have a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 4 when accessing a Level 5 programme. Applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education although no formal qualifications are required.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
This is an excellent opportunity for employees to come back into education and training to develop and enhance existing skills and competencies.
This course is only available to librarians and is free. There are no course fees applied if you are currently employed.